With regard to the start of employment at the University of Szczecin, we would like to kindly inform, that every newly employed academic staff member should:
- Set up the ORCID scientist’s electronic ID number on the website https://orcid.org/ (applies to people who do not yet have an ORCID number)
- Link the ORCID number with the account in the Polish Scientific Bibliography system (PBN) and the account in the POL-on system by means of an individual account in the PBN system on the website https://pbn.nauka.gov.pl/
The link should take place after the employment contract is signed but before the submission of the signed statements to the Research and Scientific Projects Department. Technological support regarding the ORCID ID is provided by: the Department of Scientific Monitoring – Section of Bibliometry – the Main Library of the University of Szczecin
- Monika Musiatowicz, MA, curator, email@example.com tel. 91 444 23 52
- Małgorzata Szymańska, MA, curator, firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 91 444 23 52
3. Submit appropriate statements related to scientific activity:
- Field and Discipline Statement
- Statement for the Inclusion in the N Number
- Authorising Statement of the University of Szczecin to Demonstrate the Academic Staff Member’s Academic Achievements
Statement forms with the commencement date of employment are printed by the Human Resources Department when concluding an employment contract and handed over to the newly employed academic staff member for completion.
Deadlines for submitting statements have been specified in the procedure for submitting scientific statements at the University of Szczecin constituting Annex no 8 to the Ordinance no 117/2021 of the Rector of the University of Szczecin dated 31 May 2021 ➤
The newly employed academic staff member submits a statement within 14 days from the date of employment. The statements must be entered by the Research and Scientific Projects Department into the POL-on IT system and Comarch ERP Egeria.
ATTENTION: due to the blockade set by the IT system, it is not possible to enter statements after 30 days from the date of submitting the statement (namely the date in the upper right corner of the statement form). The submission of statements obligatorily requires prior approval of the appropriate director of the institute or the directors of the institutes.
The completed and signed original versions of the statements as printouts shall be submitted to the Research and Scientific Projects Department, al. Papieża Jana Pawła II 31, 70-453 Szczecin, room 019 ground floor (exceptionally, during the absence of an academic staff member in the indicated room, it shall be submitted to room 008 ground floor). Original versions of the statements as printouts may also be sent by post to the above-mentioned address.
The Research and Scientific Projects Department solely accepts original versions of the statements as printouts for further processing. Submitting a photocopy or sending a scan of the statement by the academic staff member will be treated as a formal irregularity subject to notification in the notice of irregularities to the academic staff member and the director of the institute or the directors of the institutes.
Detailed information on the statements is provided by the Research and Scientific Projects Department
- mgr Mirella Drab, phone: 91 444 12 84, e-mail: email@example.com
- only exceptionally during the absence of M. Drab: mgr Izabela Szylkiewicz-Żukowska, phone: 91 444 11 76, e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the e-mail account in the university domain usz.edu.pl
The e-mail box is created automatically by the IT Department on the day the academic staff member is employed. The password to the e-mail box is provided by IT Department via e-mail to the Secretariat of the Institute hiring the academic staff member.