We’re proud to inform that Institute of Marine and Environmental Sciences is co-organizing International Seabed Authority’s (ISA) side event: Enhancing scientific cooperation in support of regional environmental management planning in the international seabed area, at 2022 UN Ocean Conference.
The theme of the 2022 UN Ocean Conference is “Scaling up ocean action based on science and innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: stocktaking, partnerships and solutions”. This side event aims to present experiences and progress in developing and implementing regional environmental management plans and scientific collaboration and partnerships in support of this process.
More about 2022 UN Ocean Conference
More about ISA side event
Prof. Teresa Radziejewska (Institute of Marine and Environemnetal Sciences of the University of Szczecin) will participate in the panel discussion on strengthening collaborative scientific platform to support REMP development and implementation. The panelists are going to discuss following questions:
- How are environmental data generated, synthesized, and used to support REMP development?
- What are the opportunities for sharing of data and knowledge?
- How can collaborative efforts be developed and enhanced to support regional-scale environmental assessment and monitoring?
The side event is organized by ISA in partnership with:
- Ministry of Natural Resources of the People’s Republic of China
- European Commission
- Ministry of Earth Sciences of Government of India
- Ministry of Climate and Environment of the Republic of Poland
- Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) of Australia
- University of Szczecin, the Republic of Poland